CanCham's HR Committee invites you to join us for a half-day workshop on communicating and managing effectively in China that will cover:
Cultural and Intercultural Awareness
- Why does culture matter?
- Culture and its characteristics
- Group activity: our and their value priorities
- A practical model for understanding and comparing cultures at multiple levels
- How much do you know about doing business in China?
Roots of Chinese Culture
- Key themes of Chinese culture
- China in the region
- Religious beliefs and practices
- A country transformed
- Other important factors
Communicate and Manage Locally Effectively
- The cross-cultural communication process and challenges
- Culture-based communication styles from a comparative perspective (China vs. the West)
- Cross-cultural management skills (trust, team, conflict and leadership)
- Key success factors for managing in China
This training will be conducted in English.